Answered

Multiple hard wired zones

• 24 November 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
If I have several hard wired zones each with its own connect amp how can I play the same music in all zones at the same time?
Thank you
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 November 2018, 05:39

You can have 4 speakers IF they are 8 Ohm or more speakers directly or you can add an impedance matching box and use 4 or 6 Ohm speakers.

You can use a Connect and your Denon, feeding audio from the Connect to the Denon is dead simple, RCA, TOS Optical or Coax outputs are available. Going from the Denon to the Connect is a bit more complicated but it can usually be done.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can have 4 speakers IF they are 8 Ohm or more speakers directly or you can add an impedance matching box and use 4 or 6 Ohm speakers.

You can use a Connect and your Denon, feeding audio from the Connect to the Denon is dead simple, RCA, TOS Optical or Coax outputs are available. Going from the Denon to the Connect is a bit more complicated but it can usually be done.
Just group all the zones together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You might want to give this page a look, it is a decent start to learning your Sonos gear.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support

Drop back with any questions you have, plenty of unofficial help here and even some Sonos staff visits to keep things lively.
Badge
Thanks. They are 8 ohm speakers.
Badge
Is this done through the app? Just bought a home with 11zones and was considering buying connect amps( on sale now ) I have not used this system before
Ah, yes. Each “zone” is a “room” in Sonos controller parlance, and you would just group all rooms together, and they’d play in synch.
Badge
Thank you for your help. I’m new to this product as you can tell from my simple questions.
Cheers
Nothing to worry about, happy to be of assistance.

If you have more questions, don’t be shy, there’s a cadre of good folks who are happy to help.
Badge
2 more questions
Can you have 4 speakers from a zone in one connect amp?
I have a Denon 7.1 surround system. Can I use a sonos connect so that those speakers in surround system can be used for playing music as well, creating another zone?
Thanks