Answered

Multiple Controllers/Devices

• 8 January 2019
  • 5 replies

My husband and I have a Play One at home and would both like to be able to connect to it and play our own music from our own accounts (i.e apple music) so for example my husband has his I-Phone with his apple play/audible etc. and I have my Samsung with my own, seperate accounts on the same apps with my own music/books etc. However we can only seem to have one connected to the Sonos, we can both control the Sonos from either phone but only one of our accounts is visible to play. So from my phone i can play and listen to my husbands music and books on the Sonos but not my own? Is there a way of doing it so I have the option of listening to my own music/books rather than my husbands? (We would obviously be using the Sonos at seperate times) Or is it a case that you can only ever have one persons devise and accounts available on one Sonos...? I've tried the option of listening to music 'on this device' but that doesn't work either....help?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 8 January 2019, 16:21

Thankyou, can you tell me how you did tgis please? Thankyou

Just add the each account and name them accordingly when asked. Then the drop down will appear at the top when you use the account. See this link for details:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
We have two google play accounts registered to our Sonos account, it displays which one is selected and there is a drop down arrow to switch to the other account. As that is the only music service we have with two separate accounts I can;t say how any of the others might work.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
It's been a few years, but I am pretty sure we just added a new music service and selected Google Play again, then signed in with the other persons credentials.
Badge
The same thing happens with Amazon music and I Tunes, you can have as many accounts as you want and switch using the Browse Music tab on the app

Just add the each account and name them accordingly when asked. Then the drop down will appear at the top when you use the account. See this link for details:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US