Answered

Multi Zone Setup in house and pool

• Contributor III
  • 6 replies
Hi All,

I currently run two Sonos Connects (one Amp, one Connect). They are connected to a 12 channel 60 watt amp so I'm not using the amp portion of the Sonos Connect Amp.

I'm building an outdoor cabana and pool so was planning on adding another Connect. Do I need to connect it via Ethernet to my existing Connect system? Or can I simply connect it to whatever router/access point system I employ in the cabana itself?

E.g., right now I believe I daisy chain one Connect to the other.
icon

Best answer by airforceteacher 2 June 2018, 23:03

Well, then, you might as well put extra jacks out there anyway. In either case, it should work fine as long as AP is on the same subnet (IP address range.)
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Also, and maybe off topic, but I have an unused Alexa dot in the house. Would I be able to integrate that in the cabana to control the Sonos Connect from the pool via voice control?!
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Can't answer on the Dot, but I'm doing the exact thing in my house, except my Connect amp sits in the stereo cabinet with my Connect, and I have speaker wires run.

Whether you can put the Connect in the cabana will depend on how the access point there is connected to the rest of the system. It has to be on the same flat network (all one subnet, with no VLANs blocking access between them.) You may be able to reach using SonosNet as well.

Good news is since you already have two Connects, you can test this by moving one out there temporarily, hooking it up, and testing it out.
Cabana isn't constructed yet so have no electrical or Lan supplied yet. Wanted to make sure I ran what I needed to out there during the construction.

Will run cat6 out to the cabana to set up an AP so will be on the same network as the rest of my house.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Well, then, you might as well put extra jacks out there anyway. In either case, it should work fine as long as AP is on the same subnet (IP address range.)