I’m moving from House A to House B, taking House A’s Sonos speakers with me and planning to add them to House B’s existing Sonos system:
- House A is my house and my Sonos system;
- House B is my partner’s house and her Sonos system (mine really, but set up under her credentials, unlike in House A)
- The end result is we want all speakers working at House B in a single system. Both House A & B’s Sonos systems are currently fully WiFi (ie. no wired connections, no Sonosnet connections).
- NB A slight complication, perhaps, is that while House A is on S2, the destination system is on S1 as it still contains an old Play:5. As part of this move process, that old Play:5 will be removed and so it will be possible to update House B’s system to S2.
It’s not clear to me that the instructions in: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US cover this scenario…
1. How do I go about achieving the above?
2. And importantly, do I need to do anything to “prepare” House A’s speakers pre-move, before I disconnect them from House A’s WiFi?
3. Also, will I need an Ethernet cable to achieve any of this (I believe I’ve just thrown out the last one as part of a pre-move clearance...!).
Thanks for the help!
Best answer by rattyView original