Question

Moved house

• 13 February 2017
  • 10 replies

I'm trying to connect my Sonos to a new wifi as I've moved house. I've followed the video and plugged the player into my router with an Ethernet cable. The instruction says to choose settings, then advanced settings but I don't have an advanced settings option. Any guidance?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Are you using an iOS device and are you in the beta program, by any chance?
If not, what controller are you using and what operating system is it running?
If you can still see "About My Sonos System" in your controller, what versions does it say you speaker and controller are on (assuming it can see the speaker - it should do with it wired)
I'm using version 7.1 if that helps? My music is on an iPhone
Does "about my sonos system" say that the controller and the speaker are both on Sonos version 7.1? Do you know which version of iOS the phone is running?
John, my phone is on 10.2.1 Where will I find the 'about my Sonos system' to discover if the version 7.1 relates to the controller and the speaker? It's within the Sonos app that I picked up the version 7.1 under 'version information'
OK so your phone is fully supported so that is one possibility ruled out. I don't have an iPhone but I would expect "about my Sonos System" to be directly under Settings. On my Android phone it's the last item.
The other two things that can commonly cause options to disappear are mismatched versions, and being in the beta program and using an iOS device (which is really just a special case of mismatched versions). I would have expected "about my sonos system" to be there still, though.
Once I could attach to the router I was able to update the version (both now 7.1) which meant I then had the 'advanced settings' options and could update the wifi detail. So problem resolved now, thanks very much for your help
I have the same problem as John. My Sonos speakers are version 7.0. Both my iOS phones are 7.1 and 7.2. There are no advanced settings and no options to manage Wifi set-up
I have the same problem as John. My Sonos speakers are version 7.0. Both my iOS phones are 7.1 and 7.2. There are no advanced settings and no options to manage Wifi set-upThat's because you have mismatched versions. Leave the beta, then re-update your Sonos.