Answered

Modify and change names of the rooms

how can i change/modify the room names?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 4 February 2019, 19:41

Hi stefano_tn,

Welcome to the community. You can change the room name of your Sonos speakers through the Sonos app's settings menu under room settings. Just choose the room which you'd like to rename, and you should be able to put in a new name at the top of the menu.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi stefano_tn,

Welcome to the community. You can change the room name of your Sonos speakers through the Sonos app's settings menu under room settings. Just choose the room which you'd like to rename, and you should be able to put in a new name at the top of the menu.
Thank you, I’ve got it!
This did not work because choosing a room doesn't do anything but highlight it.
I chose the room as described but nothing happened that would lead to changing the name.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This did not work because choosing a room doesn't do anything but highlight it.
I chose the room as described but nothing happened that would lead to changing the name.

If you go into the Sonos app's settings menu, then choose room settings you can select the room in question. Then, click the room name option and you'll be able to change the room's name. If it doesn't work, please reply with a screenshot.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Touch room name and you should see a pop up like this
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Touch room name and you should see a pop up like this

That looks correct. If you click OK it should set the name to what you've selected. Instead, you can click the down arrow to choose from some default names.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings