minisub

• 6 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Ok guys that’s my first topic

I have two Sonos 5 and a Roam can I pair them with the new Sonos minisub?

Or it’s a waste?

thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s hard to say since the Sub Mini hasn’t been officially announced yet. Like the Sonos Sub, you probably won’t be able to bond the Sub Mini to any Sonos portable devices. But you should be able to bond it with the Play:5s. Will it be worth it? Probably, if you are wanting more bass when listening to music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I can see the mini-Sub with a single or Paired Ones or a Beam, maybe a single Five but Paired Fives or an Arc would have me leaning to the full Sub.

It will be interesting to see reports from the first mini owners on how it combines with other Sonos.

I’m happy with my Arc and Sub in my big room, Play 1 surrounds. Fills the room nicely.

In my small office the Beam and One SLs are not enough alone, but adding the Sub was a bit much until I dialed it back a fair bit. I’d be looking at a Mini here if I could find a home for the Sub.

I can see the mini-Sub with a single or Paired Ones or a Beam, maybe a single Five but Paired Fives or an Arc would have me leaning to the full Sub.

While I agree that it would be a bit odd to pair a mini sub with a pair of Fives or Arc, I think Sonos will allow the configuration.  Particularly with the Arc, I bet they will allow you to bond 2 mini subs.  Yes, I know rumors stated that you can’t bond a Sub 3 and mini sub with an Arc, but nothing has been said about bonding 2 mini subs.

Like the Sonos Sub, you probably won’t be able to bond the Sub Mini to any Sonos portable devices. 

Beyond that - one, wait for the reviews. And two, get one on a returnable basis to listen and then decide if it works for you.