Answered

Linking Beam and Connect

• 21 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi.....I've just joined and i hope this topic is not dealt with elsewhere. I have a Connect and a Bridge. The Connect is linked to an amplifier and non Sonos speakers. i intend to buy a Beam for another room. What linkups willI be able to make between the two systems e.g. will Alexa on the Beam control the Connect system? Will the Sonos app play Connect and Beam simultaneously?
The Beam is designed for "Small to Medium" sized rooms. Roughly what size is meant?

Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 July 2018, 22:38

Can't answer all of your questions, no clue about Alexia.

Room sizes are discussed here a bit, try the search until someone gets back to you on it here.

As far as normal use, a controller (desktop or mobile app) will control either or both systems. You can pick one or the other using the Rooms option on the controller or from the same location you can group them so they play the same music in sync with each other. You should be able to play the line-in on the connect using the Beam.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Can't answer all of your questions, no clue about Alexia.

Room sizes are discussed here a bit, try the search until someone gets back to you on it here.

As far as normal use, a controller (desktop or mobile app) will control either or both systems. You can pick one or the other using the Rooms option on the controller or from the same location you can group them so they play the same music in sync with each other. You should be able to play the line-in on the connect using the Beam.
Thanks Stanley