Answered

Linking a Playbar to an existing setup

• 15 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi. I have a Sonos room labeled as Studio. In it I have two Sonos Speakers (Sonos 1) that I use to play Imported Playlists plus I can join the Studio Room to other rooms in my house.
My question is , I also have a television in that room with a Playbar connected to it and I would like to know if I can use the already existing two Sonos 1's and link them to the Playbar on the TV so that I can have Stereo on the TV. If so how do I go about that?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 15 May 2019, 22:41

This support article does a good job of going over the steps to setting up speakers as surround sound for your playbar.

If you do that however, your sonos one won't be in stereo for TV audio, they will play the surround sound to channels if your audio is recorded in surround sound. You can set the room to play stereo for the rear channels from music sources.

The other option would be to just group the playbar and your sonos ones together (same as you currently do with other rooms), and that would play in stereo for TV audio...however the sonos ones will be slightly behind the playbar, creating an echo effect.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This support article does a good job of going over the steps to setting up speakers as surround sound for your playbar.

If you do that however, your sonos one won't be in stereo for TV audio, they will play the surround sound to channels if your audio is recorded in surround sound. You can set the room to play stereo for the rear channels from music sources.

The other option would be to just group the playbar and your sonos ones together (same as you currently do with other rooms), and that would play in stereo for TV audio...however the sonos ones will be slightly behind the playbar, creating an echo effect.
Thank you Danny. I will give that a try.
Colin.