Question

Link players to Sonos account

• 25 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm getting an error message that says "We found at least one player that's not linked to your Sonos account." When I hit "next" it takes me to a screen that says "Enter the account information for g***a@gmail.com" I have a friend who has used my Sonos that has that email (or the longer version without asterisks). Then it says "Enter your email"l and "Enter your password" I have tried my Sonos account email and password (that I use to login into my account on the web to see my profile) and I also tried resetting it using my email and my friend's email. I keep getting an error message saying invalid email or password.

The instructions I found online (see below) don't work for me. When I go to "My Sonos Account" I do not see any "Transfer Sonos to a new account." It just takes me back through the steps I described above. Please help!

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136/~/creating-your-sonos-account
"I forgot my password and no longer have access to my account's email, can I change the Sonos account my players are linked to?
Yes. You can transfer the account your Sonos system is registered and linked to.

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Open the Sonos app. From the More tab, tap Settings > My Sonos Account > Transfer Sonos to a new account
Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > My Sonos Account > Transfer Sonos to a new account"

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Since you have multiple speakers, I don't see any reason why a factory reset wouldn't work for you, since the other speakers would keep all of your data while you wipe the one errant speaker.
Factory Reset

Once it's reset, just add it as a "new" speaker to your existing system. That will re-register it to your account.
And why does Sonos need to register all that data? Why do I need to sign in to re-add a player to my home system? All in the name of "giving me a better experience"? Within a decade you won't be able to buy and use toilet paper before first signing in...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
And why does Sonos need to register all that data? Why do I need to sign in to re-add a player to my home system? All in the name of "giving me a better experience"? Within a decade you won't be able to buy and use toilet paper before first signing in...

That's hyperbolic nonsense.

If you don't like it either don't buy them or register a one-time "Sonos only" e-mail address.
I bought them before all these "login" and "requirements" nonsense started. If I nowadays get a player dropped for some stupid reason, I need to "login" to add it again, I have no choice. How about that for nonsense? F.e. is that your entire system underneath your post that is shown to me? A playbar+sub+2xPlay1/stereo... Is that your setup? Like Sonos want's to give a weight to your post, in a sens of "this comes from a pro or a novice"? Just thinking loud here. Anyway, thanks for your feedback, I just don't like the roadmap of Sonos lately. And if it was now (I agree with you) I wouldn't buy them anymore. That's for sure...
No, that's part of Stuart_W's signature file, just like mine says "Bruce"

He's been a great helper of people here on these forums for more years than I've been here. And he's a customer, just like you and I.