Answered

lg oled65c16la and sonos arc cannot connect

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone... just received a sonos arc and I'm trying to connect to lg oled65c16la. 

I connected to hdmi 2.

Going to sonos s2 app to configure TV, selecting connected to arc but sonos doesn't recognize it.

When in TV I select cable hdmi arc there is no sound.

I changed a lot of configuration disabling earc set pass through, auto, pcm. Same result in the app I always receive arc mode not connected.

Also changed cable and hdmi 1, 2, 3.

TV recognize that something is connected to hdmi and when I start testing connection from sonos app TV show hdmi 2 (or 1 or 3 depending where I put the sonos arc) is now available.

Also disabled simplink... nothing I can't connect the TV to the soundbar.

Anyone can help me?

I'm getting crazy without any result

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 October 2021, 22:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Start from scratch. Disconnect everything from the TV. Unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug the Arc and TV back in but keep everything disconnected. Be sure Simplink is turned on in the TV settings. Go ahead and adjust these settings too:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Out: Pass Through

eARC: On

Auto Device Detection: On

Auto Power Sync: Off

Perform the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the Arc to the TV’s eARC port when the app instructs you to. After the Arc connects to the TV successfully, connect any other devices to the TV.

It works starting from scratch having it connected to hdmi2

Thanks a lo

I don’t know if the problem is with the Sonos S2 app or the TV. There’s trouble with the “TV Setup” mode detecting when the TV has already been connected. I had a power outage and the Sonos Arc wouldn’t reconnect to my TV until I factory reset the TV. 

In the S2 app, it tells me to turn on HDMI ARC mode but when it is on, it won’t work. But… after factory resetting the TV the S2 app says to turn on the TV speakers and then it automatically turns on the HDMI ARC connection. weird. 

Note that in this case, the Sonos speaker is a client of the processor running on the TV, which is in control of CEC and ARC. If the system on the TV set is in an odd state, then the Sonos won’t be able to be connected, and you’d get the error message you’ve seen, effectively saying “hey, I tried to connect to an ARC from the TV set, but there’s no response, so you need to turn it on!”.

As you’ve found, a reboot of the TV reset the ability of the Sonos to reach out and connect to the system.