Answered

LG OLED and Sonos Beam are not working

• 9 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’ve spent three hours today calling between LG and Sonos Customer Support and know one can really help. I tried everything from turning off the TV/Soundbar for 30sec. Adding a new device in LG even using Philips instead of Sonos. Deactivating eARC in the LG setting, and I'm super frustrated as you would think a 1700 USD dollar TV and 400 USD soundbar would sync properly, and instead I get no tone over the Soundbar and the TV remote setup for Sonos does not work.. Does anyone have the same issue or is it just me???

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 June 2021, 00:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disconnecting everything from your TV and unplugging the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug the TV and Beam back into power but leave the Beam and any other device disconnected from the TV. Be sure Simplink (CEC) is turned on and eARC is turned off in your TV settings. Perform the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port when the app instructs you to. When the Beam is connected and working correctly, connect any other devices to your TV.

If this doesn’t work, try the same process with eARC turned on. 

If that doesn’t work, you may have to connect the Beam to the TV with the optical adapter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dawson8321 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

What​ ​​​​@GuitarSuperstar said, but with the addition that with an HDMI connection in use, there is no need to program Sonos to recognise your TV remote. This is only needed if you are utilising the optical adaptor to connect the Beam to your TV.

Additionally, as @GuitarSuperstar alluded to but didn’t say outright, another device connected to your TV may be causing CEC conflicts on the HDMI network. Be sure to test things with only the Beam connected to the TV, and we can move forward from there.

@Corry P @GuitarSuperstar it actually worked by disconnecting everything.. dont know how or why but it worked by plugging everything back in. Many thanks for your support guys!