Answered

Legacy controller software for legacy Mac

• 9 July 2017
  • 3 replies

At a vacation home I have an old Mac Pro whose software is hardware constrained at 10,7.5. The Mac contains music not on my iPad or iPhone. It appears that Sonos 6.3 is the most current version supporting that Mac OS. Can I download it? Updated software from iPhone and that terminated access to my Mac music library.
icon

Best answer by Belly M 9 July 2017, 22:04

You do not need to run the Sonos app on your Mac , all you need to do is share your music folder via preferences and you can then enter the details of the share in one of your iOS devices, assuming you have them at your vactiin home and a working network.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You do not need to run the Sonos app on your Mac , all you need to do is share your music folder via preferences and you can then enter the details of the share in one of your iOS devices, assuming you have them at your vactiin home and a working network.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
You could move your music to Google Play and have it available on devices.
Thanks - share Music folder or iTunes Library within it? Music is in iTunes Library.