Latest update requires a Sonos account? Please knock it off.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Blackmail? How so?

Since when did writing to journalists become blackmailing?

Do all sonos apologists have altered perception of reality?

I'm not sure how you concluded I was accusing you of blackmail. I was clearly responding to your statement, asking for clarification.

Well, I'll be damned if I won't write about this ridiculous blackmailing attempt to every tech related site I can find.

I don't have any issue with you writing to journalists. I'm just curious how you came to the conclusion that Sonos is attempting to blackmail you. Well, I was curious, not really that interested anymore.

Yes, you're right. It says "Automatically download and install all updates, including those that disable controls in my interface, then stop right there and don't install any more updates, because Sonos decided that I will now need to register in order to be able to keep using the system I already paid for".
Good Day
I to am very disappointed with Sonos; after the resent update. It will not let me use the service; it refuses to accept my office email address. At this point I think it is time for people to junk the units if they are going to be so problematic. I have found that an Android Box, or even a Raspberry Pi will work far easier and without the hassle Sonos is putting up. It's to bad Sonos are not listening to their clients in a age of endless ways of streaming music and other content. TC. : (
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Good Day
I to am very disappointed with Sonos; after the resent update. It will not let me use the service; it refuses to accept my office email address. At this point I think it is time for people to junk the units if they are going to be so problematic. I have found that an Android Box, or even a Raspberry Pi will work far easier and without the hassle Sonos is putting up. It's to bad Sonos are not listening to their clients in a age of endless ways of streaming music and other content. TC. : (

Hi there,

Are you having trouble registering your system? This guide should explain how to do so. If you don't have access to the email displayed, there's instructions for entering in a new email.
Badge
I too have major issues with Sonos. I have had a 6 room system for over 8 years and been very happy. It worked great but "software updates over the last several yeas have gotten worse and worse. Each software update changes the interface and moves everything for no reason, the latest requirement to "register" before I can update now has someone elses E-mail address latched to my system so I cannot update to the latest broken software. This is now a hideous company run by stupid punk kids who can't wait to F++++ with the system until they break it. Sonos is now a F++++d up company with broken software that doesn't work worth a crap. My Sonos boxes are all now listed on Ebay as the incompetent Sonos "developers" have succeeded in breaking their formerly good hardware. The 'development team" should all be fired but no chance, as the Sonos punks all hang out after work and drink together.
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
I too have major issues with Sonos. I have had a 6 room system for over 8 years and been very happy. It worked great but "software updates over the last several yeas have gotten worse and worse. Each software update changes the interface and moves everything for no reason, the latest requirement to "register" before I can update now has someone elses E-mail address latched to my system so I cannot update to the latest broken software. This is now a hideous company run by stupid punk kids who can't wait to F++++ with the system until they break it. Sonos is now a F++++d up company with broken software that doesn't work worth a crap. My Sonos boxes are all now listed on Ebay as the incompetent Sonos "developers" have succeeded in breaking their formerly good hardware. The 'development team" should all be fired but no chance, as the Sonos punks all hang out after work and drink together.

Did you come here for help and advice or just to sting together a load of insults?