Answered

Latest update effectively bricks my system

• 13 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Tried to update my android app (V9.2) stuck in an endless loop of re-registering fill everything in the verified my email. Just asks me to do it again.
PC version of the controller now insists I have an android controller rather than just updating - why
Complete rubbish
Why pay a premium for this?

I suppose I now have to re-setup my system from scratch?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 October 2018, 20:16

I wouldn’t. You would lose all of the data stored on your speakers. First thing, try deleting the app from your android device, then go to the store and download a new copy.

The PC controller should just update. It’s just no longer able to manage things like adding new speakers, etc. still works perfectly well to control your music.

You’re not paying any premium, the software and feature updates to your Sonos have already been paid for at time of purchase. You’re not paying any additional monthly “extra” fees.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I wouldn’t. You would lose all of the data stored on your speakers. First thing, try deleting the app from your android device, then go to the store and download a new copy.

The PC controller should just update. It’s just no longer able to manage things like adding new speakers, etc. still works perfectly well to control your music.

You’re not paying any premium, the software and feature updates to your Sonos have already been paid for at time of purchase. You’re not paying any additional monthly “extra” fees.