Answered

latest arc update broke my setup

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Everything was working fine with my arc and Panasonic tv.

But after the last Sonos update:

The tv sound is not in sync.

The (sky) remote no longer controls the arc volume/mute but now controls the tv instead.

The tv sound plays at different sync to arc at the same time.

Not sure what’s got out of whack. 

Any help welcome.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 August 2022, 23:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +1

I “fixed” this by setting up form scratch. Not ideal 

Probably just obfuscated the issue, it might return. In general, setting up from scratch, often called a “factory reset” doesn’t actually fix anything, just obscures or postpones a recurrence. 

Next time it happens, I’d recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge +1

Thanks Bruce,

unfortunately you were right too. The issue is back. Very annoying.

will call support 

Yea, I wish there was a better way to keep people from doing a “factory reset”, as it’s fairly rare that it can fix an issue. 

Just as a note, there’s been other threads about Sky and lipsync, you may want to do a Google search, since the search function on this forum doesn’t work all that well, frequently. 

I’m a US person, so the only exposure I get to Sky personally is their Formula One broadcasts, which are carried here by ESPN. I know pretty much nothing at all about the hardware they use.