Is There Any Reason To...

• 26 October 2018
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Badge +1
This is now a month later...things really calmed down with my new router for a while there...now chaos has once again shown up...now the issue is micro dropouts between speakers almost constantly. Painful to try and listen to anything. I've tried everything above again, and changed all channels a million times. I added one Play 1 and things went nuts, which is what happened the last time I added anything. This system just can't take it. Diagnostic if anyone can help or has any ideas that i haven't tried. Diagnostic 748545473. Matrix sometimes looks all green, sometimes crazy red but the result is always the same. Speakers constantly dropping out. The worst offender is the office area which houses the Boost and the Router. Used to be totally fine. I've gotten rid of all my security cameras pretty much. No difference. Help me you're my only hope!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Contact Sonos support with that number, https://twitter.com/sonossupport is staffed 24x7
Badge +1
I will do that, thank you.
Badge +1
Thanks for mentioning the Twitter option...they are great on there! Two things they suggested for me, hopefully this can help others who might be reading this. 1. i had tried to change my boost back to a wifi setup at one point and some of the players were still trying to connect to that, causing major problems and drop outs. I reset the wifi in the sonos app and that made that problem go away. However when i was playing records via connect amps the problem would pop up again. They suggested changed to compressed audio in the sonos advanced settings, and that has fixed that issue so far. after doing these steps so far things have great improved, hopefully it stays that way. I can't recommend the twitter option enough, it really is fantastic and helpful. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Great, the Sonos tech folks can see all that in your diagnostic while we forum users are stuck only seeing the symptoms.