Question

Is Sonos Beam compatible with Samsung Frame?

• 28 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello

I just purchased a Sonos Beam and I am having a hard time getting it to work with my Samsung Frame TV.  I used my own HDMI cable as the one provided wasnt long enough to fish through the wall to hide.

So i have the hdmi cable plugged into the soundbar and into the HDMI ARC port on the connect box.  But on the app, it says that no HDMI ARC is detected.  I tried unplugging and plugging both the Sonos Beam and my TV and it still wont work.

Whats weird is that if i play around with the volume on the app, the sound will play on the beam but will cut out after a few seconds and wont come on until I play with the volume again.

Is there a work around or a trick to make this work?  I feel like its just not compatible and may have to return the beam but it just sucks cus of all the hard work I did to fish the cables through the walls.

Please help! 

Thanks!!   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There’s at least one, perhaps several threads in the Home Theater section of the forum about issues people are having with the Frame. It’s not, apparently, a Sonos issue, but instead a firmware issue with the software that Samsung has installed on it. You may want to go read at least one of those threads.