Answered

Is Sonos App needed for setup, OR can I use the PC software

• 30 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Moved to new place, landlord has the router, I don’t have access yet. I cannot setup my Play1 with the newest Sonos app. App suggests speaker needs to be directly wired into router to learn the new WiFi settings I take it.

Can I setup the speaker using my PC’s Sonos software, provided the speaker is hardwired into the router? My phone is being repaired - no access to it.

Also, does this forum have email alerts when a reply is made? Or does one always have to log in to check for messages?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 December 2018, 05:47

No, the setup function has been removed from the desktop app.

Yes, the forum has a notification feature, take a look at your profile for details. I'll admit I turned off notifications many, many years ago, so I don't recall how / where it is.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Bump
No, the setup function has been removed from the desktop app.

Yes, the forum has a notification feature, take a look at your profile for details. I'll admit I turned off notifications many, many years ago, so I don't recall how / where it is.