Answered

ipad pro 5th gen trueplay

• 22 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies

Hi , i’d like to know please when trueplay will be supported on ipad pro 12.9 5th gen latest iOS 15.6?

I used my old ipad (no longer have) for trueplay setup on multiple Sonos products i own e.g. arc/playbar/subs/ones etc. just updated all to firmware 14.12 and now need to redo trueplay - the sonos app just confirmed that trueplay not supported and i’m now stuck. I would appreciate letting me know. I have already looked at the usual sonos help pages.

thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 July 2022, 19:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Two notes: latest iOS is 15.6. And Sonos doesn’t tell us in advance when they’ll be releasing new things, so you’re unlikely to get an ‘official’ response. 

Badge

Thank, btw just update to 15.6

Badge

Just an official response to confirm it’ll be supported at some point will do

@jwct,

Trueplay is available on iOS and iPadOS ‘fully supported’ devices that meet these Sonos System Requirements, except these.. 

Not supported

• iPod touch (7th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)

And the latest Apple devices due to be supported soon are:

Coming soon

• iPad Air (5th generation)
  • iPhone SE (3rd generation)

It’s not yet been announced if the iPad pro 12.9 5th generation will be supported. It’s rare that Sonos make such (development roadmap) announcements in advance here, but I can say that in the past, this Sonos support page usually gets updated when they do make a decision to support a new Apple device, (or announce that it is not supported).

So perhaps keep an eye on this page in the coming weeks/months:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222

Alternatively you could see what Sonos Support Staff may know about this by contacting/chatting to them via this LINK

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One warning, “Soon” is not a promise that it will be supported, just that Sonos is trying to add support.

And what is with the 2020 model (second / fourth gen.)? I am very disappointed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This is ridiculous! I have spent over £3000 on Sonos products and i have an iPad Pro 12.9 5th gen and there’s no support for Trueplay. I own a Samsung Galaxy Ultra which Sonos wont allow tuning with the app. SONOS response, borrow an IOS device. Ok, my wife’s iPhone 14 pro, oh its not supported! 

Why no support for the brand with leading market share in android; Samsung? At least the most popular flagship models??? This is so lame