Installed Orbi and everything out of whack now

• 3 December 2018
  • 4 replies

I bought an Orbi mesh and tried to reconfigure my Play5 and Play1 onto the new Orbi network. I could only connect the Play1 as it would not read the Play5. I tried to reinstall the Play1 back onto the original pre-Orbi wifi but it won't work for some reason. Now, the Play5 works on the pre-Orbi network and the Play1 works on the Orbi network. I can't get them back onto the same network in sync. Help!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Try hooking them both up to Ethernet and trying to sort them out that way.
I connected them both by Ethernet like you said. It read the play5 this time and I saw them both on my controller. However, as soon as I unplugged both, the play5 disappeared again. Tried repeating exactly what I did earlier and again, it can’t read the play5. Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Dead WiFi card, Hook them up to Ethernet again and after 10 minutes submit a diagnostic, keep the number it shows handy.

Then try the Sonos twitter or facebook contacts and see if you can get a replacement unit from them otherwise the phones and potentially long hold times.
Could it still be a dead WiFi card if the play5 still works when not plugged into the Ethernet on the non-orbi router? It only works on non-orbi router and play1 only works on orbi router. Very baffling