Answered

Initial Steps to allow Sonos to connect to my iTunes library on my Mac computer

• 15 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Step-by-step instructions for connecting my iTunes music library on my iMac desktop computer to my Sonos home theater setup.
icon

Best answer by PROakes 16 June 2018, 00:18

Thanks, Keith N! I got through to technical support. Actually, the step I was missing was that I needed to download the Sonos App for my Mac from the Sonos website. Once I did that, it was pretty intuitive. All of these links assumed you knew how to get to the Sonos app ... I kept thinking they meant the Sonos app on my iPad or iPhone.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks, Keith N! I got through to technical support. Actually, the step I was missing was that I needed to download the Sonos App for my Mac from the Sonos website. Once I did that, it was pretty intuitive. All of these links assumed you knew how to get to the Sonos app ... I kept thinking they meant the Sonos app on my iPad or iPhone.
Here is the link: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support for us english speakers. Once I downloaded, installed and launched the application I just selected "Manage" at the top menu and selected "Music Library Settings" and it was straightforward from there.
Has anyone found instructions for setting up your Sonos to access and play your iTunes Library resident on my iMac computer? I see references to the instructions in the Online Forum, but cannot find the instructions anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, PROakes. I think you are looking for this FAQ. Let us know if it doesn't quite hit the mark.