Answered

Initial Steps to allow Sonos to connect to my iTunes library on my Mac computer

• 15 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Step-by-step instructions for connecting my iTunes music library on my iMac desktop computer to my Sonos home theater setup.
icon

Best answer by PROakes 16 June 2018, 00:18

Thanks, Keith N! I got through to technical support. Actually, the step I was missing was that I needed to download the Sonos App for my Mac from the Sonos website. Once I did that, it was pretty intuitive. All of these links assumed you knew how to get to the Sonos app ... I kept thinking they meant the Sonos app on my iPad or iPhone.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Has anyone found instructions for setting up your Sonos to access and play your iTunes Library resident on my iMac computer? I see references to the instructions in the Online Forum, but cannot find the instructions anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, PROakes. I think you are looking for this FAQ. Let us know if it doesn't quite hit the mark.
Thanks, Keith N! I got through to technical support. Actually, the step I was missing was that I needed to download the Sonos App for my Mac from the Sonos website. Once I did that, it was pretty intuitive. All of these links assumed you knew how to get to the Sonos app ... I kept thinking they meant the Sonos app on my iPad or iPhone.
Here is the link: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support for us english speakers. Once I downloaded, installed and launched the application I just selected "Manage" at the top menu and selected "Music Library Settings" and it was straightforward from there.