Question

Individual components are visible but won't connect

• 26 March 2017
  • 1 reply

I had a compete Sonos system that was working bar 1 connect which stopped... in order to get working i factory reset everything however now will only let me connect 1 component. After I've set up 1st component it then asks me if I'd like to add another and while all the other components show up when I try to connect to one of them I get as far as pressing the two buttons at the same time on component but the. nothing happens I.e. I don't get the 'next' button

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Tom,

It looks like you were able to submit a diagnostic while you were trying to get things back up and running. Try the following steps:

Please power off ALL Sonos components by pulling the power plug on every device with the Sonos branding on it.
Power up the unit wired to the network first and allow it to boot up for the 45 second while the white LED flashes until the light goes solid.
Verify that the player is showing up in your Sonos App. If that wired device is a BRIDGE or BOOST, then the Sonos software will say that you do not have a component that can play music. That’s ok.

Once that has been completed, power on each of your Sonos players and go through the steps to add a Sonos device on them.

Let us know how it goes. If that works out fine, you can then go into Sonos Settings > Advanced Settings and under Wireless Setup configure the wireless network. From there, you could try disconnecting the network cable and see if the system connects back to the wireless only.