Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system. How do you Trueplay your Sonos system? Wondering if you should use a cabled setup versus a wireless Sonos setup? This is the place to get answers.

11330 Topics

speaker wiring and phasing

Sorry to ask what is probably a basic question... My builders have installed ceiling speakers and then traced the wires hidden in the ceiling and walls back to where I am linking them to my zoneplaye...

USB Hard Drive v NAS for WindowsXP

Happy new year to all. I ushered in 2006 by getting an introductory bundle -- and so far I am delighted. But, there is always a but. My computer is a fairly basic Dell Dimension from about 2003,...

difficulty setting up first zone player without hardwiring it to a computer

Is it possible to set up the first zone player by hardwiring it to a wireless router and no hardwire to a PC. My current configuration is as follows: Cable - cable modem - wireless router - 1st zon...

Wake On LAN

Has anyone had success getting Sonos to activate the "Wake on LAN" feature on Windows XP machines? I think mine used to work, but I've been having problems recently. Other computers on the network w...

Problems connecting zonpayers and pc together

HHi all I finally got myself a sonos intro bundle, and hooked it up to a Motorola wr850g that was not connected to the internet. Everything worked fine, the problem started when I got home and connec...

Linksys Bridge & Orb Speakers

I am thinking about getting four ZP's for various rooms but I do not need one where my computer sits and my house cannot be rewired with Cat 5 (large, 100+ years old with very thick walls). I do not w...

Wireless first zone

Just bought Sonos and airport express to try and make the first zone wiereless. Is there a special configuration to set this up or is it reasonably straightforward?

A few newbie questions

This system is definitely a winner. For the first time since I put all the CDs in the attic 10 years ago, my wife isn't complaining about about her ability to play music. That said, there are a few...

Controller has lost Zone Players

I have 3 zone players with 2 controllers (plus the Desktop Controller). All zone players are linked by cable. The system has worked fine for the last 6 months but one of the controllers has recently l...

configuring my home...

Hello, first sorry for my english, i'm french and don't speak english so good... I've questions about the configuration of your system, before buying it... My internet connection (freebox by FREE) can...

Zone player dissappears!!

Hi, Just a quick query on something I have noticed with my new sonos. I have 4 ZP's, two wired, and two wireless. The wired ones, were both initially plugged into my Linksys wireless router wired p...

Seeing all the threads in this forum

Hi I must be being stupid.... The main list of threads shows that there are 319 threads under the "getting Started with Sonos" topic group. Yet I can only see two pages worth - about 25 threads. Whe...

Serious problem since upgrade to V1.3

Hi, I have recently set up my Sonos with 1 ZP directly wired to my router (Comtrend which is linked to my PC wirelessly) and 2 ZPs wirelessly. I upgraded to V1.3 yesterday and the system seemed to...

Sonos setup: How to perform better diagnostics concerning wireless connectivity?

Hi all, In our latest Sonos installation we are busy with, we are experiencing quite some problems. Setup The setup consists out of 3 ZPs, let's call 'em A, B and C out of originality. The issue...

New User - Wireless Question

Hi all, I finally unpacked my Sonos system and tried to put it together... I am trying to connect the 1st ZP to a wirless setup... I have read the FAQ's and researched the subject here in the forum...

Sub Woofer setup

I've never been clear on setting up my sub. The Sonos has a single Sub output, but my subwoofer as a left and right. What is the best way to do this? (Or do I cross wire my sub before my main speak...

If I Were To Purchase Sonos

If you were going to purchase Sonos, would you order ZP100's or Zp80's (I know they're not available til Spring 05). What would make you decide which contollers to go with? Doing an entire house - a...

Just found out I can get internet thru zone player

This is probably old news but may help others. Zone player 1 is hardwired to computer (office in front of house) Zone player 2 is in bedroom. I connected my dsl modem to zone player 2 in bedroom to g...

Sonos + Rhapsody ~ PC required?

Question (easy one): Do Sonos require a PC in order to play Rhapsody? For instance, I only have a laptop at home, will Sonos connected to internet be able to stream Rhapsody without the laptop around...

Is 2 formats the answer?

Hi, I'm just getting started with my new Sonos and have read through a bunch of the posts (very helpful), but am not sure whether my current plan is the best or not. I've got about 600 CD's and a 60...

Multiple iTunes Collections on Different CPUs

Hi, I got my Sonos setup over the holidays and it works great! I've got a simple setup with one ZP in the living room connected to the Internet through a wireless hub and one ZP in another room. I'v...

Radio stations through wireless internet link

I have problrms connecting to internet radio stations , my 1st zone player is connected to my pc in the livingroom but i have a wirless connection to the internet (cable modem and wireless router in a...

Recording with Musicmatch & iTunes

Hi, I installed last week my new zoneplayers and are very satisfied with the Sonos system. Now i want to record all my CD's into MP3 format and experiencing some issues with using Musicmatch. When i...

how to turn a Zone Player off??

This may seem like a silly question but how can i turn off the zone players without removing the plug, the help menu say's sleect the "pause all" button on the controller . Is that it ? Thanks in adva...

Best configuration for new construction?

Hi all, I'm getting ready to purchase the Sonos system for our new home, and have a few questions regarding how to put together the structured wiring system for it. We're doing two zones to start (u...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings