Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

10388 Topics

Which components to buy

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question on, but here goes: I'm currently looking to buy a sonos system and I'd like some general advice about the setup. I live in a 3 storey...

Split the music library?

Hi there, First of all, I want to say that I'm very glad with my new Sonos system. I'm in possesion of two ZP120's, two controllers and a bridge. Let's cut the crap: My question is wether it's possi...

Sonos IR controlled

Hello I started with Sonos and like to know if there is a possibility the have it IR controlled. I want to use my Logitech Harmony 885 to control the ZP90. Thanks

3 second delay for line in

Hi there, I recently attached my satellite reciever to my sonos system as a line in - but I get a 3 second delay. Is there anything I can do about this, so that I can watch TV and listen to sound thr...

How do I get pandora?

ok, I've got pandora registered but how do I get sonos to find it?

Order of tracks

Cheers This is my first day to play with the Sonos gear. In general the gear seem to work pretty well. I'm currently in the middle of ripping my CDs. I use wav-format, because I have a good DAC in m...

Controlling computers with Sonos Controller for iPhone

I'm slowly deciding on my first Sonos system. I'm going to keep the initial investment as low as possible because these days, money is tight. One factor in my recent iPhone 3GS purchase was the availa...

Can't recognize my music files

Just bought system today. It will recognize my two zp 90s, but I cannot get it to find my music. I'm using imac and macbook, both have itunes, but it keeps telling me "there is no share music" on t...

Beginner - Not very impressed so far....

Just got the new bundle, set it up and all seemed fine - I could see why there is such a following. All seems ok, reading everything fine from my Buffalo Linksation live... Then.... 1. Songs kep...

Problem adding new zoneplayers

I`m trying to connect new zoneplayers to my system... I allready have 2 ZP120 connected - but it will not add any more of them. I`ve bought 8 of them now plus a ZP90.. but none of them will add themse...

Anyone using the Qnap TS-409 or 439 Pro?

Anyone using the Qnap TS-409 or 439 Pro? Did a search and couldn't find any references to either NAS. I like the look of their NAS's and intend a 4-8TB in raid 5 setup. This will cover HD video to...

File Format Advice

Hi, I'm planning on buying a Sonos system but am concerned that I may be about to cause myself a file format headache. I would like to share the music library between the Sonos system my wife's IPOD...

How Long for First Index?

Hi all - just picked up a ZP80 Bundle on sale. I am trying to index my collection which is currenty 30,000 songs, but it is taking a long time. I was able to index 1 folder in a minute or two, so I...

ZP120 and Banana Plugs

Having recently purchased a ZP120 and some Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers. Being the pedant that I am, I would like to wire this up using some QED Micro speaker cable terminated with QED Airloc Ba...

Why no 'stop' button?

I've been playing with my new Sonos system and I think its fantastic! However, I'm stumped as to why there is no way to 'stop' a playing track. I read this thread ( http://forums.sonos.com/showthread...

computer speakers

Got my Sonos installed and working great. Fantastic product. I have a ZB connected to my router and two ZP. Is it possible to get sound to play from the computer running the desktop controller that i...

ZB recomended?

I am hoping to buy a Sonos system. I think I need 2 ZP90 and 1 ZB100 for the computer room. Question is this, in our house the standard wifi signal from computer room to the room with one of the ZP...

Thinking of switching from Nuvo

All, I currently have a Nuvo Grand Concerto powering 7 sets of speakers and controlled via the PC playing iTunes (the mrs. really doesn't want keypads). The setup works, but I hate it because I can't...

Problem with trekstor nas and sonos

Hi! I have a sonos system and now i want to connect it with a nas, trekstor datastation sungoo lan 500gb. i'm using a imac as computer. the problem is that the nas shows as a usb disk even thou it's c...

Enviornmental Issues With ZP120

Greetings, I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Sonos system. Currently I am looking into 3 ZP120's utilizing in-ceiling speakers as it is appealing not to have to destroy my walls to ins...

Netgear wg602

Hi all just wondering if you can connect a netgear wg602 to a dg834g through a zone player. I am using the wg602 to extend the range of the dg834g. Any help much appreciated

Pre-puchase question on volume control in zones

I've looked around for the answer to this question, but can't find it. I'm not a Sonos user yet, so please forgive me if I don't have the terminology spot on. I can see that the controller can contro...

Question regarding FLAC files for a noobie!

Hi I am looking into getting a Sonos setup, after initially looking at a Squeezebox. I have a question that I have not been able to find on the forum: When I rip my files to FLAC, is it better to ri...

"Too many redirects" accessing sonos.com

I installed my Sonos gear last Tuesday and everything seemed fine. Indeed, I was very impressed by how easy the installation was. Everything was fine, until ... After installing I browsed these forum...

How

Hi Guys, After seeing a demo of a Sonos setup, I am very impressed and keen to get cracking setting it up. However, my budget isn’t great, so I am going to start off with one zone, and just build it...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings