Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

9920 Topics

Interference - what router to buy?

Hi all. I have a lot of interference problems. I use an old modem (speedtouch570) it is a 802.11b devise. So that probably is the cause for the problem. Can you give me some tips which router to buy w...

Help, it was working perfectly ...

Hi, I hope someone can make some suggestions. I have 1 x Controller and 2 x ZP100's. All has been working perfectly for just over a month. When I'm in the Kitchen I can pick up the Kitchen ZP only....

Can you use a 'normal' RCA interconnect as a digital interconnect?

As it says in the title! It would only be a temporary solution, just want to know if it's possible - not going to damage anything...

Sonos Set Up Advice Before I Buy....

Having read a load of Sonos Vs Duet threads on the net, I've decided (after too much deliberation!) to go for Sonos. Anyway, please bear with me as I'm relatively new to digital music (I can use iPod...

Need assistance playing a m3U playlist stream from archive.org

Hello! I am having some trouble playing steaming audio from archive.org with Sonos. I downloaded a m3u file. The file contents is a list of urls for each track of the show I am wanting to listen to....

Can Anyone Help Me with Line-in Problem?

I have a line-in connection to a ZP80 from my Home Theatre so that TV audio can be played through speakers connected to ZP100 in next room. After a series of power cuts recently the HT did some sort...

Sonos not able to detect network Computers/storage devices

Greetings! I have bought a Sonos Bundle 130 DMS which I want to connect to my network but I'm having problems with my sonos. I have a WD MyBookWorld 500GB storage device which I'm able to access via...

Need Setup Advice for 3 Zone Office

Hi We are setting up our office and plan to use Sonos. We have 12 pair(L/R) of 40W RMS in ceiling speakers. We have 3 zones and want each zone to control its content. The breakdown is as follows: Z...

Temporary setup with just Ipod or laptop?

Greetings - I've been asked to provide music at charity event in a function hall, and was hoping I could make use of my Sonos gear. The venue has four rooms, and no form of internet service - IE no...

Cheap receiver for an extra ZP80?

I recently moved, and freed up a ZP80 that I now want to use in the nursery. What I'm looking for is a cheap receiver that is XM ready that I can hook up to the '80, and play music in the room as wel...

desktop controller shows several names

I have put al my music on a Buffalo NAS in maps with the name of the artist/group. Each artist/group has one map. In these maps are different maps with cd's. The desktop controller shows however sever...

Disappearing ZP80

I have just got my first Sonos system, a ZP80 and controller, but having problems, It all worked fine for about 10 mins then disappearing from network, I then have to leave it 10 mins before turning i...

Thinking About Sonos - Configuration Question...

Hi, Me and the wife like what we see and we're thinking about giving Sonos try. It would be really great if any of you experts could cast an eye over what we're planning and let us know if it sounds...

Wiring and volume questions

We're having our house renovated and we're having them add ethernet, speaker and coax in rooms being worked on. I'm planning on adding Sonos throughout. Our architect is finishing up the bid sets and...

Zp80 locks up

All, I have a problem that every couple of hours my zp80 locks up. The zp80 is hardwired to the router (linksys WRT54GS) and after a couple of hours it is locking up (music stops playing and the cont...

Can you change the balance on ZP80 with digital out?

If I was using my ZP80 with an external DAC via digital out, would changing the balance in music equalization work?

Setup configuration

I'm ready to order my Sonos but I can't find answers to my unique situation. Home network with Linksys wireless router connected to Hughes Net satellite broadband. PC with music located in basement...

AEBS + HDD but no music files

I have an hdd attached to my AEBS. I have allowed file sharing. When setting up the music library I chose #3 external NAS. I typed the path to my drive such as \\basestationname\drive name. Sonos...

NAS device (Prestigio net drive) - unable to log in

Everything ok with playing music located in shared folders on my computer. But when i try to connect NAS device (Prestigio net drive) - i CAN connect anonymously to this device from my computer, Sonos...

Can I just wire Sonos to a computer, not a router?

My Sonos will sit next to a computer and my HiFi. The router is elsewhere in the house. Can I use ethernet cable to connect the ZP80 to the computer to get the songs saved on that harddrive? That comp...

a BIG thanks to the helpdesk

After owning my new Sonos system for a few weeks, I decided it was time for a zone bridge to enable expanding my music to another room. After purchasing said item, I rushed home to install this "plug...

Rattling sound from Controller

Hi All I have a Sonos system that is a couple of weeks old and now, to add to the RMA on the ZP100 due to its buzzing sound from the PSU, my controller has developed a rattle! Sounds like a ball-bea...

One Zone controlling two speaker pairs

Hi, I currently own one ZP100, one ZP80. I am planning on gutting my kitchen and installing a new one. I'd like to incorporate Sonos into the new kitchen. In addition, I'd like to install outdoor s...

Questions about a setup in a new home

Hi! Just to be safe, I'd like to post some questions before installing the wires in my new home ... 1. I'm going to place all my ZP's in the basement of the home where my speaker cable is centralize...

Is a hiss/hum from the ZP100 normal?

I have just installed a new Sonos system, with one ZP100 and one ZP80 and am very impressed. However, the ZP100 is connected to a pair of speakers, and when powered on, it hums/hisses constantly. I...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings