Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

9352 Topics

Play 1's Nightmare!

Well, what a nightmare this is! Never have I been so frustrated with setting up anything on any network! 2 x Sonos Play 1's arrived, I've had them 3 days now, and STILL they refuse to connect to my...

Get rid of the annoying update request

Having spent almost $3000 on a system and a Macmini, I now cannot use any of it as the latest controller insists on looking for an update. My system is installed at a place that does NOT have interne...

Create predefined groups

Is there a way to create groups prior to using them? And then save them? I have 8 play:1s scattered through the house. In an ideal world I would have a series of groups (kids room, common areas, down...

In-line volume control for 4 speaker setup with connected:amp

I'm looking at using a connected:amp to power 4 outdoor speakers which will service 2 areas of our backyard. To prevent either area being too loud when adjusting the volume through the Sonos app, I w...

New computer

I just purchased a new computer and when I log into SONOS the system is found but I cannot play any of the music in my library.

Using Sonos Sub with pair of Play 5 and a Playbar at different times

I live in a small apartment. I currently have a set of Play 5 (Gen 2) in my living room along with a Sonos Sub. This is essentially for music playback only. I want to add a Playbar to my TV for bet...

Assistance with living room design

Hi all, I am currently in the process of gutting the entire house and starting from scratch, as part of the re-construction I am placing Sonos in every room. All rooms in the house have 2 x Bose Virt...

Calling ALL Google Wifi Users - Please Advise

Hi, I am doing a new home construction and would like to be a Sonos product user. After reading up on Sonos product, I am still a bit confused. Here is my setup I plan on. As you may or may not know,...

Stereo Pair is Unreliable (Right Speaker dropout)

Hi, Using Play 5 Gen1 speakers, I cannot get the Stereo Pair to work reliably. After a few minutes, the right-speaker falls silent. I have tried inter-connecting the stereo pair with an ethernet ca...

Lost connection to Connect

I have been using a Sono Connect without any problems for at least 2 years. My router offers me two wifi networks, and the one I use has 5G on the end of its name. I recently began to have some wi...

Cannot connect to Wi-Fi

I recently moved to a new apartment and I cannot for the life of me get my Sonos:3 to connect to the new Wi-Fi here. I've done a factory reset of my Sonos:3 and I can see that its been given an IP-adr...

Sonos, router, hotel room & Spotify Downloaded Music - but no wifi to web. Possible?

Travel often overseas. I am told that if I bring a pair of Sonos One, and a router that is already set up for the Sonos one, I can use my laptop with its stored music to play on the Sonos Ones even...

Eero and sonos

I am having trouble updating my sonos with Eeros network. I am only able to do it if I use another router ( old Apple extreme) than eero. Can some one assist me this problem ? Thanks

Can not connect pc to already existing system

So I have an existing system connected through wi fi . I used to have my pc connected to my sonos which was orginally a snap to set up.My pc crashed had it fixed , changed modem and now now matter wha...

Trueplay disappeared after update

I updated my speakers as required by the app, and Trueplay has disappeared. I have an iPhone X and Trueplay was working until a few days ago. What’s up?

Set up app won't continue once I get the speakers blinking red.

Set up app won't continue once I get the speakers blinking red. Doesn't ask me to change to the sonos network with my android Chromebook... I even tried changing to the sono network.....per the set u...

How do I change my country?

I originally bought my sonos in Belgium. Now that I live in the US I want to use some services available here, and to do so I believe I need to change my profile/address to the USA. However when I try...

Can't Add Apple Music to Sonos Play 1

I am following the instructions to add a music service and when I click on Apple Music - I get the option: 'I am already a member' or 'start a trial'. I am a premium Apple music member. So when I cli...

Setting up Sonos for my shop with no WiFi

I’m trying to set up my Sonos in my shop which doesn’t have WIFi. I was recommended to get a router and run the system off the that. I have done this and now after much frustration was told I have to...

Location of playbar in relation to TV

Hi. I have a samsung one connect which is placed 10 meters away from the TV. The optical cable for Sonos Playbar is not long enough to place the playbar directly under the TV. Does teh palybar needs b...

A few years ago, I delivered my daughter a SONOS 3 which she hasn't used yet because unbeknownst to me, she doesn't pay for an internet provider at her apartment. However, she does have a hotspot whic...

Distorted Sound from Turntable

Haven't used my turntable for years, but was excited when I learned that I could play vinyl wirelessly through my Playbar. I have an old Bang & Olufsen Beogram TX2 running through a Rolls VP29 preamp...

Sonos with a Turntable - Sound Quality vs. Fully Analog

I'm new to vinyl and just picked up a U-Turn Orbit Plus turntable with a set of analog Audioengine A5+ speakers. I also have a Sonos setup for my TV that includes two Play 1's, a sub, and a soundbar....

Network problems with Sonos

I have been the lucky owner of Sonos for 2 years, without any problems. Lately, maybe after the last software release, I have had repeatedly network problems. I have a strong wireless network and have...

I am unable to connect the VortexBox to my iMac. Have accessed information re this process but it is of no help. Does anyone have a solution?

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Recently online