Question

i have an iTunes movie rented -- how do i connect the sound to Sonos?

• 17 August 2017
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

You cannot be banned for making factual statements, thankfully.
Although I'm outta here anyway.
is your argument: because he understands history, he is out of touch with science?

it's a weak argument and a terrible apology.

google is (still) your friend. history is important to understand. science is a method. sonos is a product.

you think you'd be keeping your job if you were product support and i were your manager?

Well then it's a good thing I'm not in product support and you aren't my manager. :8

And by the way, that was not a "terrible apology". Matter of fact, it was no apology at all. Thought I made that clear.

History or science, science or product; I don't care. My point was that you describing the workings of Sonos as akin to one of the most murderous, despotic regimes to ever exist on the planet is nothing but melodramatic nonsense.
Badge +1
the functionality that i would like to see here on the forum is the ability to block individual user profiles from mine. so an individual profile can block other selected individual profiles. like blocking someone on facebook.

in this example, i would block John B and jgatie. maybe they are polite and helpful to other people. their input to me and comments about me have made my experience with Sonos worse, not better.

jgatie: the last thing science does is ridicule. science also knows how to admit when conclusions have been wrong. if you're open to learning about the history of the Soviet Union (in this case in the technical specifications of the state cable radio system), or the practical application of sound science, i urge you to reach out to people you haven't insulted, or to apologize to me. you could also, as they say, "hit the books." in your case, not all that much research that would be required, just the willingness and capacity to recognize and properly assess a technical architecture.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
John B, try putting jgatie in check.

is there a way to block ppl from a thread? i'd like to block John B and jgatie, if possible.

You want to block two of the most helpful members of this forum? Good luck with your research
Badge
Someone told you exactly how to do it in 3 lines at the very beginning. Love what you've done with the place.
Yawn.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
the functionality that i would like to see here on the forum is the ability to block individual user profiles from mine. so an individual profile can block other selected individual profiles. like blocking someone on facebook.

in this example, i would block John B and jgatie. maybe they are polite and helpful to other people. their input to me and comments about me have made my experience with Sonos worse, not better.

In fairness, you received several helpful responses, but as you continued your campaign for clueless condescension things went a bit south.

On the subject of the original question, it really is fairly cut and dry. There are a number of easy ways to download iTunes rentals and listen to them with Sonos. Going through your MacBook is not one of them. Although, as you've seen, there are workarounds available.

If you want to argue with posters about how your expectations from Sonos' marketing have left you displeased then go on. If you think you're going to get any sympathy with that path though I predict much disappointment in your future.