How to play TV audio from Connect to Play 5 on patio?

Badge
  • Novice
  • 13 replies
I was browsing the Sonos "tips and tricks" section of their website and I came across this page:

http://blog.sonos.com/tips-and-tricks/tip-using-line-in-on-sonos/

And right in the opening paragraph I read: "Or if you’re grilling on the patio, you could listen to the game that’s playing on the TV in your living room."

How in the heck can I do that? :) I have a Connect hooked up to on of my AVR's inputs to listen to Sonos. What do I need to do to get the AVR TV audio to stream to my Play 5 on my patio?

TYIA

3 replies

You need an output from the av amp to the input on the Connect. Then you go to the sources on the play:5 and select line in and you'll get whatever is playing on the av amp.
Badge
the_lhc wrote:

You need an output from the av amp to the input on the Connect. Then you go to the sources on the play:5 and select line in and you'll get whatever is playing on the av amp.

Cool, so where my DirecTV goes *in* to my AVR, get RCA cables from that input and go *out* to my Connect, and then change the settings on the controller for my Play 5 to line-in? That's it?
CRAW,

Yes.

DirecTV --> Line-In
Line-Out --> ARV In

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings