Answered

how to get 2 sonos one speakers working independently

• 11 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, i bought 2 sonos one speakers for my work.
I have set one up in the common room so that whenever someone walks in they can play whatever music they want.
I want to set up the other one in the reception room and have it connected to my desktop so that my receptionist can play music from the desktop during the day.

Ideally i would like people in the common room to play whatever they want but an independant speaker in the reception room that the receptionist can control and play different music on.

Any help as to how i go about this?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by ratty 11 July 2019, 12:55

The Sonos system is multi-room, multi-controller, multi-source. You can independently play and control different sources on the common room and reception speakers. It's all part of how the system works.

Is the issue that you don't want common room people to be able to control the reception speaker, and vice versa? In that case you'd need to set the two speakers up as separate systems, each with its dedicated controller(s).
View original

4 replies

The Sonos system is multi-room, multi-controller, multi-source. You can independently play and control different sources on the common room and reception speakers. It's all part of how the system works.

Is the issue that you don't want common room people to be able to control the reception speaker, and vice versa? In that case you'd need to set the two speakers up as separate systems, each with its dedicated controller(s).
Hi ratty, thanks for the answer and yes I would like the speakers to be independent so common room people can’t control the reception and vice versa. How can I set up the reception room Sonos via a desktop so the receptionist can solely control it?
Thanks
The common room unit is already setup. Power that one down. Then setup the reception area unit (Note, setup must be done from an iOS/Android device, just do not use the common room controller). Choose to "Setup a new system". Then, install the PC app on the receptionist's computer and connect it to the reception room system. Then power up the common room unit and you will have two different systems, each controlled separately.
worked like a treat thanks guys 🙂