How to delete an account and start over.

• 24 March 2019
  • 11 replies

Badge
I need to start over installing Sonos on Play:1s. The app has is stuck in a loop of wanting to register speakers and no allowing anything else. I have over $3000 invested in beautiful hardware ad $.10 software. The software is too restrictive in letting me have control in lots of things such as tone limitations. I did manage to create a new account by changing my email address and then starting over. Disconnected and reset all 10 Play:1s and Boost. The result after reinstalling the Boost is the same offending loop. I have been a Sonos sound user for 6 years. Today's software app is the worst yet. My disabled wife needs her music TODAY!! Sonos help is not available. Any good program should allow you to delete any associated account. Not Sonos. I used to write software myself. I have tried every trick myself to work around the problem. HELP.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Sonos help is available 24/7 via Twitter (and I think Facebook, but don't quote me).

contact Sonos.
Badge
I don't have Twitter or Facebook accounts. And don't want one.
OK, no problem. The forum moderators will be here during business hours, Monday through Friday.
Factory reset will trash all of your music service settings, room names, and music library setup.

I recommend removing power from all of the SONOS units. You can Factory reset the units if you like. And, you should uninstall the SONOS App that you were using to setup the system. If you are a beta tester, download the controller following instructions given in the beta invitation. if you are a regular user, install the phone/tablet Controller App from the appropriate website. Now, wire BOOST and one player to your router and set them up. In my opinion the setup procedure is much too aggressive at encouraging one to use the WiFi communication scheme. If you seem trapped in this arrangement, go along with this, get these two units running, then remove the WiFi credentials. Once you have these first two units working, factory reset the other units and add them to the system.

If you factory reset the first two units, setup as a new system.

As the support article states, factory rest is a drastic step, usually causes more work, and rarely resolves fundamental networking issues. If you have recently replaced or added a router or other network component, this is likely the root cause of your issues.
Badge
"Factory reset will trash all of your music service settings, room names, and music library setup."

I am aware of this and Sonos warnings. This was what I thought would be the only way to start over.

"I recommend removing power from all of the SONOS units. You can Factory reset the units if you like. And, you should uninstall the SONOS App that you were using to setup the system. If you are a beta tester, download the controller following instructions given in the beta invitation. if you are a regular user, download the Controller App from the appropriate website. Now, wire BOOST and one player to your router and set them up. "

That's exactly what I have done, including rebooting the router before installing the Boost, except for trying the beta app. After installing the Boost first, I am unable to get the app out of the loop trying to reset speakers. The About Sonos shows only the Boost. But I haven't been able to add a speaker because of the loopin app. All speakers are disconnected and reset to factory default except for a playbar and sub (hard to get to) but they are disconnected.

I am sure that I did get the android app uninstalled and reinstalled correctly. I'll try using the beta app.
Badge
I don't find a way to download the beta app?
Beta is by invite. (And, it is not appropriate to discuss beta topics here.)
There isn’t anything in this thread that really gets to the root cause of the issue here. It maybe better if @countrymusic25 explains his network setup and mentions the Sonos players he has and where he is now with his ongoing fresh installation. I don’t see any point at all in repeatedly resetting the speakers, if they are being setup in the same, or similar, way, as it is likely the issue in question will just keep reoccurring.

So perhaps state the type of router being used? Any access points, extenders, powerline adapters etc? Any managed or unmanaged network switches?

What WiFi channels that are in use?

Any additional information at all, to then perhaps help resolve the matter.
Badge
I have been able to start over and create a new account. All of a sudden I was able to break the register loop and enter the smartphone app. I have installed 6 Play:1, my playbar and sub. When factory defaulting and added a seventh Play:1, it won't register in several attempts. The diagnostic # is 991367012. Can anyone help me with this?

Also I have noted that the devices have a mix of static and DHCP assigned IPs. I have not set any to a static address. The last added Play:1 is named LR2 and has a static address. Does Sonos set the address to static on some but not all?
Sonos has no facility for setting static IPs in the device. All are DHCP-assigned (unless the device resorts to Auto-IP in the absence of a server).

The last added Play:1 is named LR2 and has a static address.
It does not. It may however have a lease that the DHCP server has somehow forgotten about.
CountryMusic25,

It’s as Ratty says, but of course you could reserve your Sonos device IP addresses in your DHCP Servers Reservation Table. In fact I would personally recommend doing that, as it can bring about some stability with some routers, particularly when doing a reboot of your entire Household/Network.

I would also recommend running your Sonos system in 'Wired/SonosNet' mode as mentioned in this support document...

Choosing between a 'Wired/SonosNet' and 'Wireless/WiFi' Setup

Set the SonosNet channel at least 5 channels away from your main routers 2.4ghz channel and then remove/reset your WiFi credentials in the the Sonos App 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup'.