Question

How to check Amp out configurations.

• 23 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I see that I have AMP configuration choices during setup but how do you view those settings after the fact?  Specifically setting for TV front speakers vs surround sound. I want to ensure I chose TV front. Just checking everything to ensure my sound is optimized. 

thanks

Robert

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Under the Amp settings in the Sonos app, is adding a Sub or Line-In available? If so, the Amp is being used as TV front speakers. Those two options are disabled when using the Amp as TV surround speakers.

Thanks for the reply. Adding a sub IS a selectable option but line in is not accessible. How can I check my configuration to ensure amp is configured for TV front speakers?

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

If adding a Sub is a selectable option, then your Amp is configured for TV front speakers. Line-in is probably not selectable because you don’t currently have anything connected to line-in. When I return home from work, I can check the Sonos app to see if there are any other indicators to confirm your Amp setup.

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. 

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I found one more thing... If you have an iOS device or Mac, see if you can AirPlay audio to your Amp. If you can, it is set up for front speakers. AirPlay would be disabled if the Amp was set up for surround speakers.

Thanks!  Will try airplay today. 

Robert