Answered

How to change from Optical to HDMI ARC on Beam

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I originally setup my BEAM with an optical connection and now want to change to the HDMI ARC connection.  WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 November 2021, 10:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You need to have a TV equipped with HDMI ARC. Remove the optical adapter from the HDMI cable connected to the Beam. Enable CEC on your TV and run TV Setup under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app. Follow the instructions and connect the HDMI cable to the TV’s HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you to. After the Beam has been connected successfully, you might need to change some audio settings on your TV to get the best audio quality from the Beam.

Thank you very much!

The TV has both options, but the location of the HDMI ARC port wasn’t reachable with the supplied cable.  Now I’ve mounted the Beam on the wall below the TV so I can use the cable. (I didn’t want to use a longer cable as it would be too noticeable).

I’ll give your solution a try.

Thanks again for responding.