Answered

How to add a new Sub (Gen 3) to 2 play 1s?

Badge +1

Hey guys,

I have 2 play 1s that I wish to add a Sub too.
However I do not see the option here (as shown in the picture).
Instead, the system provides the addition to another group that consists of 1 sub + 1 playbase + 2 play 5s. How do I overcome this issue?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 April 2021, 15:05

No picture, so it’s hard to tell. I’ll give some generic comments.

The Sub can only be bonded to a single room at a time, if you have it bonded to the PLAYBASE already, it isn’t available to also be bonded to a pair of PLAY:1s.

The Sub Gen 3 requires an S2 system. The PLAY:1s must be running S2 in order to have the Sub bonded to them.

I have the feeling that this may not answer the specific issue, so please provide more specifics, it may help. Oh, and try a simple reboot of your router, and make sure the WiFi is turned on for those PLAY:1s, if neither of the above statements match your problem. 

View original

4 replies

Don’t see a picture included.  Are your play:1s currently setup as a stereo pair?  If not, you should do that first.  Then, you should be able to add the sub to that pair.

if my assumptions are wrong, perhaps your pic will shed some light.

No picture, so it’s hard to tell. I’ll give some generic comments.

The Sub can only be bonded to a single room at a time, if you have it bonded to the PLAYBASE already, it isn’t available to also be bonded to a pair of PLAY:1s.

The Sub Gen 3 requires an S2 system. The PLAY:1s must be running S2 in order to have the Sub bonded to them.

I have the feeling that this may not answer the specific issue, so please provide more specifics, it may help. Oh, and try a simple reboot of your router, and make sure the WiFi is turned on for those PLAY:1s, if neither of the above statements match your problem. 

Badge +1

I am so sorry.

It worked after awhile, and I am happy to report I could pair the 3.

I do not know how to remove/delete this post. Tried but failed.

Thanks for taking time to reply to my post.

No worries, glad you were able to resolve the situation.