Answered

How do the controls on the top of the One work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Seems like a dumb question, but the web site lacks a Product Guide and there's nothing in the box. Play/Pause is obvious, but the rest of it is a mystery to me.
icon

Best answer by MikeV 26 October 2017, 13:48

If you've enabled a voice service, the mic icon turns on and off the microphone.

There isn't a circular control. Those dots are for the microphones under the surface. Multiple microphone elements give it the "far field" capability to hear a voice from across a room.

Skip forward by swiping from the left square to the right, and skip backward by swiping from the right square to the left. The Sonos One product guide does mention this in the "top/back" page.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Ok so the squares are volume up or down. Haven't got the mic icon to do anything yet, and the circular control is a mystery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you've enabled a voice service, the mic icon turns on and off the microphone.

There isn't a circular control. Those dots are for the microphones under the surface. Multiple microphone elements give it the "far field" capability to hear a voice from across a room.

Skip forward by swiping from the left square to the right, and skip backward by swiping from the right square to the left. The Sonos One product guide does mention this in the "top/back" page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
This probably will help too.
This probably will help too.
I know it's a year old, but in itself that is in part why this kind of answer isn't helpful :)
The "This" you're referencing leads to an abandoned support page where I learn only that This site can’t be reached sonos.custhelp.com’s server IP address could not be found. 😉
From the One product page, the Product Guide link, right at the top:

https://www.sonos.com/support/en/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Fsonos-one%2Fsonos-one.htm
Yes, in between the time that Ryan posted that answer and now, there was a re-org of all of the help pages, something that has only happened one time in my years of being a member of this board.

At the time Ryan responded, he would have had no knowledge that there was going to be a re-org, so when he posted, the link was valid. The FAQ section still exists, you can reach it at the top of this page. Or, you can do as jgatie did, and look at the product page for the data.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings