Answered

how do i connect sonos5 to my projector?

Hello

i have a benq ht2050a projector which is connected to my ps4 pro. I recently got a gen2 sonos 5 and have been trying to find the best way to connect the speaker to my projector??

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 April 2021, 04:59

Audio Out on the projector to the line-in port on the Play:5 using a 3.5 mm audio cable. You might experience a slight delay.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Audio Out on the projector to the line-in port on the Play:5 using a 3.5 mm audio cable. You might experience a slight delay.

Is there a way to get rid of the delay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The best you can do is set the Line-In Audio Delay setting for the Play:5 to Low (75 ms).

Or, instead use a Sonos device designed for video use, a Beam, or an Arc, both of which have digital inputs that are not subject to the same delay that there is on the analog input on the PLAY:5. That speaker is not designed/intended for use with a video device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Or, instead use a Sonos device designed for video use, a Beam, or an Arc, both of which have digital inputs that are not subject to the same delay that there is on the analog input on the PLAY:5. That speaker is not designed/intended for use with a video device.

Using the PS4 Pro optical out, this PJ is too cheap to have its own optical output.

Yes, it would require something like a HDMI switch with an optical output, certainly, but the reduced input lag on a digital input would be hugely helpful, imho. 

Hi,

So if i understand this correctly, there will be an optical cable from PS4 pro to hdmi switch with optical output. The PS4 pro hdmi cable goes into hdmi switch input and the projector connects to hdmi output.

The speaker will then be connected using 3.5mm cable to the hdmi switch.

And this should get rid off the lag???

This is the HDMI switch I was looking at. 

https://www.amazon.com/FERRISA-Switcher-Splitter-Optical-Extractor/dp/B07MYRX22F/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+switch+with+optical+output&qid=1617901852&sr=8-4

If there are better options, could you please share the link Airgetlam?

Thank you so much for your help guys.

https://www.amazon.com/FERRISA-Switcher-Splitter-Optical-Extractor/dp/B07MYRX22F/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+switch+with+optical+output&qid=1617901852&sr=8-4

Hi,

So if i understand this correctly, there will be an optical cable from PS4 pro to hdmi switch with optical output. The PS4 pro hdmi cable goes into hdmi switch input and the projector connects to hdmi output.

The speaker will then be connected using 3.5mm cable to the hdmi switch.

And this should get rid off the lag???

No.  @Airgetlam ‘s advice was in regards to using a Sonos soundbar or the amp (Arc, Beam, Amp, Playbar, Playbase) for TV audio, as these designed are to be used with your TV.  They all require an HDMI-ARC/eARC or optical connection, depending on the speaker.  There is no way to completely remove the delay/lag when using the aux input connection the play:5 (or current Five).  Those inputs have a buffer in place required to play music in sync across multiple rooms.