Answered

How do I connect my Samsung tv to my sonos 1?

• 9 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Can I connect my samsung smart tv to my sonos one?  How do I do it?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 11 December 2019, 17:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

No.  You need a Sonos Home theatre product such as a Beam, Paybar/base or the new Sonos AMP.  The Sonos Play 1 or Sonos One is not a TV or PC speaker it is intended to play music unless it is bonded to one of the Sonos Home Theatre devices a s a surround speaker.

Sonos one gen 2 has airplay 2 technology. Samsung tv's have airplay technology. Why don't they pair? 

Sonos one gen 2 has airplay 2 technology. Samsung tv's have airplay technology. Why don't they pair? 

Never heard of this before, but a quick internet search  shows that Samsung TVs are airplay receivers only, like the Sonos speakers.  You can only send airplay signals from an Apple device.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Userlevel 7

@ALieblein 

Never let it be said that Sonos is not a versatile system (in most cases). You can configure it to do just about anything. Although the connections may not be recommended nor will there be any guarantee of audio quality.

The proper way to get TV audio to a Sonos One is by connecting a Beam, Playbar, Playbase or Sonos Amp with 3rd party speakers to your TV. Then you can group the Sonos One to one of the aforementioned speakers or Amp. You may experience audio latency to the Sonos One. 

The unconventional way to get audio to a Sonos One from your TV is as follows:

TV has analog RCA or 3.5mm audio-out port. Using RCA to RCA or 3.5mm to RCA cable you can send TV audio to a Sonos Port (or the discontinued Sonos Connect; if you have or can find one). The Sonos Port can be grouped to the Sonos One to receive TV audio. You may experience audio latency to the Sonos One.

Cheers!