Question

How can I control the volume of a PLAY1 independently of the player?

• 31 March 2017
  • 1 reply

HI, I have set up a playbar and two separate PLAY 1s as a room group. However the two PLAY 1s are far too quiet in comparison to the playbar and when I try to adjust the volume on the individual PLAY1s manually, it pushes the volume of all units (including the PLAYBAR) up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
If you have these Play1s set up as surrounds as part of a 5.0 audio setup, (referred to as 'bonded') then you can go into room settings in the controller and adjust the volume of the surrounds as a relative setting.... you may also find truplay tuning the room helps with balance. Also if you are referring to when playing music, set the surrounds to 'full' and they will provide full music audio.

If you have 'grouped' them together, by grouping them in the app, each is selectable in the app by clicking/pressing on the volume control in the app and independent volume control bars for each speaker will appear.