Answered

How about one answer? LG OLED and Beam/Sub/2 Play:1's

• 14 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Have spent a considerable amount of time reading through these topics. PLEASE - Yes or No - Is is possible to use my Sonos Beam/Sub/2 Play:1's for sound with my LG OLED C8 TV?
Thank you to whomever responds. There is a special place in heaven for those that respond concisely. 🙂
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 14 December 2018, 10:16

It looks like the C8 has lip sycn issues generally:-
https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-c8-lip-sync-issues.2178084/
Hey that tv is otherwise regarded as the best tv out there. LG are good with software upgrades having added BBC HLG to my B6v a year after I bought it, so I believe they will fix this.
As a minimum you could run via tv optical out to the beam.
You could buy from sonos direct, then you have 100days to send it all back for a full refund if you are not happy with it.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
It looks like the C8 has lip sycn issues generally:-
https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-c8-lip-sync-issues.2178084/
Hey that tv is otherwise regarded as the best tv out there. LG are good with software upgrades having added BBC HLG to my B6v a year after I bought it, so I believe they will fix this.
As a minimum you could run via tv optical out to the beam.
You could buy from sonos direct, then you have 100days to send it all back for a full refund if you are not happy with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, danpa. The most terse answer you could receive is: Yes.

For a more in-depth discussion, I would urge you to look at this thread.

EDIT: What Stuart said (better).
Badge
Thanks guys. Got it working using the HDMI ARC instead of the Optical cable. No lip sync issues. Not sure what I did but switching network from the 5gz to the 2.4 seemed to be a key. Read that somewhere in here.