I have 2 Sonos speakers, one and a beam.
Issue 1: I cannot seem to setup Alexa
I have installed both the devices and got them playing music and connected to my TV/Spotify, however when i try and add the voice services, with Alexa, i get the following issue:
"Add your Sonos speakers to your account
You need to link speakers to email@example.com before you can add this skill.
Go to More > Settings > Sonos Account in the Sonos app to link your speakers. (If you don't see Sonos Account, your Sonos system needs an update.)"
now when i open the Sonos app on my mobile, i DO NOT see "More -> Settings -> Sonos Account", i do however see "More -> Settings -> Account Settings" which shows my email? not sure if these are the same or if this is the issue?
Things ive checked:
- im using the correct email and its the same between Sonos and Alexa.
- my address is populated on sonos.com website
- my account on sonos.com, with my correct email, is showing both devices
- ive rebooted my router, modem and wifi etc..
- ive unplugged both Sonos devices and tried those again
- ive changed the names of both rooms to something unique so they dont get mixed up with common "bedroom" names
- when i try and "discover" devices within Alexa, i dont see either app appear either
Issue 2: I cannot seem to see Sonos speakers within Spotify, even thought they are linked and setup properly. Eg. if i go to the Sonos app, i am able to play spotify music. Plus, using my IphoneX, i can see the speakers with AirPlay. I just cant see them within "devices" from Spotify?
Best answer by JamieP83