Answered

help!! app not working

• 10 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Thank you in advance!! My mind is doing over time…

sonos working as I type,

trying to set it to a new room after a move. 
setting and preferences blank on the app so I’m unable to change.. it won’t find my device on Wi-Fi so will I have no choice to add the earthera cable? 
🤯

any help is appreciated 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 10 October 2021, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sounds like the app is having trouble ‘seeing’ the speaker. Yes, it might help if you were to temporarily wire the speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable. You could probably just reboot the speakers as well as the router, and ‘fix’ it that way, but it depends really on what issue is keeping the controller from seeing the speakers. 

Userlevel 7

Are you using the same router as you used at your previous place?

Try unplugging the speaker from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone.

Userlevel 7

Hi

When you say “After a Move” do you mean you moved to a new location (dwelling)? If so did you”

1. Change to a different ISP?
  2. Use the same router and change the WiFi password?
  3. Setup a new router?
  4. Setup and entirely different network (i.e. Mesh and/or add extenders)?
  5. Any combination of the above?

Edit: Looks like we all responded at the same time. LOL

this is currently what I’m dealing with. 🤯 no device found. I’ve moved home and had a new router fitted. I’ve reset and unplugged but we can hear it working but would like to use the app to rest the room.. ect.. 

thank you 

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Click the link to learn how to setup your Sonos with a new router.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

It’s all working thank you all xx much appreciated xx