Question

Having trouble connecting speaker to second sonos set up

Hi I’m new to sonos from bowers and Wilkins set up, I have 2 sonos set ups one in the house and one in the summer house, I moved a play 1 speaker from summer house into my house set up which connected fine on that WiFi ( must add different WiFi in each place), then I tried to return it back to summer house set up and the app finds the speaker and asks to press the 2 bottoms to pair and wait for tone and it will not connect, tried turning power off and back on still not joy 😫

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi damo40

First there is no need to have a different Wi-Fi at each house. You could set the SSID and Password to be the same at both locations. Sonos or any other Wi-Fi device would not know the difference and automatically connect. There are no "flavors" between 2.4ghz at House A vs House B :D

What is happening now is your Sonos is looking for Wi-Fi credentials at each location. I suggest you do the following:

1. Set both locations with the same SSID and Password
2. For now go to your iOS or Android device tell it to forget the Wi-Fi from the other house
3. Connect your device to the current network
4. Following the instructions in the link to get your Play 1 back on the alternate network: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

I hope this helps. Cheers!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings