Answered

Have a newer Sonos and having trouble adding play 3 to my room

• 19 February 2017
  • 5 replies

I have a new Sonos with just 2 Play 1 speakers and play bar and boost and sub existing. Set up was great with initial equipment. Today I got 2 new Play 3s. I'm having trouble with adding the play 3 to my room. My room is listed as Living Room. I used the app to add the new Play 3 but living room wasn't a choice, just living room 2. So I picked it but I think Sonos thinks my Play 3 is in a different room because I don't hear anything out of it or my old Play 1s. I tried to remove everything but there isn't that option. I want to remove my living room 2 set up and add the play 3 to my living room but I don't see how to do this. I'm sure people move speaker to different areas all the time. How do I start all over? I just want a play 3 in my room with my other speakers. Frustrated
icon

Best answer by ratty 19 February 2017, 15:32

If the PLAY:1s are already set up as PLAYBAR surrounds then that's your lot. You can't bond more speakers to the same room.

If the PLAY:1s are a separate 'room' then the controller would have given you the option of bonding new PLAY:3s to the PLAYBAR, but you'd nave needed two PLAY:3s.

To use a single PLAY:3 in the same area as the PLAYBAR all you can do is set it up as a separate 'room' and group it. This will be fine for music but it won't be in sync for TV sound.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If the PLAY:1s are already set up as PLAYBAR surrounds then that's your lot. You can't bond more speakers to the same room.

If the PLAY:1s are a separate 'room' then the controller would have given you the option of bonding new PLAY:3s to the PLAYBAR, but you'd nave needed two PLAY:3s.

To use a single PLAY:3 in the same area as the PLAYBAR all you can do is set it up as a separate 'room' and group it. This will be fine for music but it won't be in sync for TV sound.
Thank you. I thought you could add more than the original set up speakers to a room. Makes sense now. Thanks again !
Ok so now I put one play 3 in dining room and one play 3 in bedroom and added them but now no sound coming from them at all. I did the tuning and they made noise then. The living room is perfect with 2 Play 1s. What did I do wrong
What source are you attempting to play? You have selected each of those new rooms, right? Does internet radio not work?
Ok just saw Group settings. All is well