Answered

Grouping roam with Stereo paired Fives, instead of swapping.

• 14 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I am trying to get the “grouping” function working.

I am listening on a roam, I press the Play/Pause button, wait for the two tones, and it swaps music to the my stereo paired Fives. I have pressed for a shorter period and it just pauses the music.

Any idea how to get it to group with the Fives not swap to them?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 October 2021, 16:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Check out this thread:

Check out this thread:

Thanks, I had had a read of that, but still not able to get it to group instead of swap. 

When setting it up I took a screenshot, and it says “Group with the nearest Sonos Product - press & hold Play/Pause until you hear the second tone.”

I’m doing that, but it just keeps swapping not grouping. 

Does this “press & hold Play/Pause until you hear the second tone.” need to be done on the device already playing? As in it going to be sending the music to the other speaker(s) or does it need to be done on the device which isn't playing, so it will be the one joining the group?

Userlevel 7

It needs to be done on the device that isn’t playing. If you are playing music on the Roam and want to group the pair of Fives, you need to press and hold the play button on one of the Fives for about 2 seconds.

It needs to be done on the device that isn’t playing. If you are playing music on the Roam and want to group the pair of Fives, you need to press and hold the play button on one of the Fives for about 2 seconds.

AHHH!!!

Thats what I was doing wrong.  I thought you had to “send” the music rather than “receive” it.  The image during set up was a bit ambiguous.

Thanks a mill for your help! I was going nuts trying to figure it out.

Cheers!