Answered

Get rid of the annoying update request

• 18 February 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just a thought, but perhaps a solution would be to temporarily locate your sonos devices to a location with an internet connection? If you can wire those devices to a router that has an internet connection, you should be able to get the firware updated. I think that's accurate, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a while since I moved sonos to a different location.

You should have to set the devices up as a new location if it's not using the new wifi You might have to reset the devices to the church wifi again when you return. I wouldn't think that would be a good long term solution, but if you block access to update your controllers in the future, then you shouldn't have to upgrade again.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
thank you melvimbe+ratty - I'm going to give all this a go.
Not giving up yet..............:D
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I've spent another three hours this weekend and I'm still stuck. The attached attempts to explain everything.

Mr. Richard. You are wrong. Sonos rightly discourage people who have no internet connection from buying Sonos. The fact remains that with all devices up to date on the latest version, local music can be played without an active connection. You do need a local LAN, which a phone can provide.
@melvimbe. Your suggestion may well work and is similar in principle to my suggestion to Mr R on another thread of using a mobile hotspot to update. If Mohammed cannot come to the mountain ..