Question

Gen1 Play5

I bought the Playbar, sub, and 2 Play5's about 4 years ago and had the Play5's set up as surround speakers. I moved and an trying to reset everything up but the only option I have for surrounds now are Gen2's. What now? They are still working but I can't make any adjustments to them anymore.

2 replies

Not sure how you had gen 1s set up as surround speakers. They don't have the 5Ghz wifi receiver necessary to bond with a PLAYBAR. Is it possible you had them set up as a separate room, and grouped them with the PLAYBAR?

PLAY:5s are great speakers, but a bit of an overkill in my opinion for surround speakers. Much more suited to straight music. I'd get a pair of PLAY:1s or Sonos Ones for the true surround experience, and use the PLAY:5s for music, even in another room.
I'm not sure either. But in Living Room, i had the Playbar set up and the speakers shown for that room were S+LS+RS. Heck, they're half way set up now. It let me add the first Gen1 but for the right the Gen1 choice disappeared. IDK

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings