Question

Flexson VinylPlayer Turntable connectivity

• 17 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
I'm feeling a bit miffed. On an impulse I bought a Flexson VinylPlayer to add to my home theatre system. Quickly reading Flexsons blurb about Sonos compatibility is nothing short of a complete lie really. There's more compatibility with a 20 year old Win95 PC using its USB port than my £2000 Sonos setup and I now notice that every Youtube review quietly has a £350 Connect sitting nearby.
So rather than sending back or re selling the turntable I'm reluctantly facing the inevitability of another £350 (excl Ebay) for a Connect, - or more usefully even a Play 5.
My question is can I link a VinylPlayer to a play 5 AND utilise my main Sonos setup? I just read somewhere that they disconnect?
Thank you - In the meantime, I'm just off to burn some more money elsewhere:D

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You can connect a Turntable through any Sonos device which has an analog line-in. The Sonos devices with a line-in are the Connect, Connect:Amp, and the Play:5. This line-in connection can be played as a source on any and all other Sonos devices in your system. Note that the turntable must have a pre-amp, either built-in or separate.
Badge +1
Thanks. I understand though Ive read on this website that with the Vinylplay Line-in to the Play 5, it disconnects to enable it to play through the other devices? The Vinylplay does have a preamp.
Thanks. I understand though Ive read on this website that with the Vinylplay Line-in to the Play 5, it disconnects to enable it to play through the other devices? The Vinylplay does have a preamp.

If you are asking if you can play the turntable through other Sonos speakers without playing through the Play:5, that is correct. Say you have a pair of Play:1s in another room. You can select the turntable line-in source on the Play:1s, and the Play:5 can be silent (or even playing another source entirely).
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Any input can be listened to on any part of your Sonos. All your zones can play the line in on the Play 5 or any individual zone or any combination of your zones. And as jgatie says, the Play 5 can be playing something entirely different whilst it's input is being played on another zone.
Badge +1
Smashing! Seems the possibilities of the P5 are boundless! Many thanks for the responses