Answered

Ethernet connections - Redundant to Boost and Soundbar?

• 22 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I just ran Ethernet Cat6 lines in excess from my home theater component cabinet to the actual TV and Playbar bays. I also have SONOS Boost wifi connect. Do I need to run Ethernet from the router to just The Boost, or can I run to both Boost and PlayBar. Will this affect the pairing and room setup for 5.1 home theater (SONOS Playbar, (2) Ones, Sub) and other speakers throughout house?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 March 2018, 03:26

You only need to run Ethernet to one Sonos device. It then acts as a BOOST in your system. You could use your current BOOST or the PLAYBAR, but there’s generally no need to connect them both. And making changes like that won’t affect pairing and speaker setups, that data is stored on the speakers.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You only need to run Ethernet to one Sonos device. It then acts as a BOOST in your system. You could use your current BOOST or the PLAYBAR, but there’s generally no need to connect them both. And making changes like that won’t affect pairing and speaker setups, that data is stored on the speakers.