Answered

error code 803 during update

• 3 November 2019
  • 11 replies

Hey SONOS people! Newbie here with the community, though I’ve had a couple of play 5’s and a connect for some time. I love my Sonos and preach to everyone about it. I’ve never had an issue. 
I recently purchased 2 second hand speakers that work great after resetting and updating system. 
My issue is with a second hand, gen 1 connect amp. I was able to connect it to my system while plugged into my router via ethernet cable, but now my system will not update and sets an error code 803: connect: amp Even though it shows up on my controller app as (unused) Select to update. 
I’m not sure if it’s an issue with the update or the amp itself. Any knowledge shared about these would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 November 2019, 01:25

I had this issue the other day, and contacted Sonos support via phone, they resolved it within 5 minutes. 

Since it’s the weekend, you’d probably need to go through Twitter or Facebook, or wait until Monday. 

They emailed me a link that I clicked on, it did something to the speaker, and then I could update. Note that the update does take a little longer. 

View original

11 replies

Badge

Getting the same error code 803 while update?

I had this issue the other day, and contacted Sonos support via phone, they resolved it within 5 minutes. 

Since it’s the weekend, you’d probably need to go through Twitter or Facebook, or wait until Monday. 

They emailed me a link that I clicked on, it did something to the speaker, and then I could update. Note that the update does take a little longer. 

Yep, support fixed it up. The code was due to the software being too old. They walked me through an update they had to do. Now it should be able to update when new software comes around. They were very helpful. Thanks!

i have the same issue but no solution, even with support (may internet went down, just at that time.

this was unrelated but when it came back support was gone :(

please help

Not much the community can do, unfortunately. You would need to contact support again. 

I am not having success to configure because appear error 803

Have you tried to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

thanks a lot

I cannot believe folks are having the same issue only 14 days ago, I have a brand new unit and I was told by Sonos that nothing could be done and the only solution would be to buy a Sonos Boost…

I fear I just spoke to the wrong rep perhaps? :thinking:  

.. Could you post the link on this board if you happen to still have it?

Good heavens, that was at least 6 months ago now. To my knowledge, it was specific to the CONNECT:AMP’s version of the old software and what was the current software at the time. I have zero confidence that the link would still be valid, or that it would work on any other versions of software and/or hardware. This is why you should contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it, so they can create the code required by your specific situation, and provide you the access to it.