Question

download sonos app for pc

how to download sonos app

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

You know, with an attitude like that, I'm surprised I'm doing this:
https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_pc
(which is actually the link in the post you were first referred to)

Next time, here's a suggestion for a technique that most people would follow:
- go to the manufacturer's site (google it if necessary)
- click a button marked "Support"
- in Sonos' case you'd then pick "Support Home" and immediately see "Download the Windows controller"
Where can I get the correct link to download Sonos for my PC it is a 64bit, running windows 10

See link above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You can also get all of the downloads here.
This was no good at all Ryan, it sent me to a survey, which I was not happy about, as it just waisted my time. and I did comment as such on the survey using your name a reference. thanks for nothing some community this is!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometime this community website sends you to a survey when you navigate away.

Try the link again, works fine for me in the UK - link added

https://www.sonos.com/support/downloads
Hi Belly M, Cant you just post the link on here, I not going off and wasting my time again. I just need it to keep things simple. thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I know for a fact that a lot of people fail to find the PC app on the Sonos site. For example, go to Support, then click on "Using the app". No reference at all to the PC app, much less where to install it from. Windows 10 users probably start looking in the Store, but of course its not in the Store. It could be made a lot more obvious. I mean the web page could start by detecting the type of the device for example, and change the order of the items depending on the results.
I know for a fact that a lot of people fail to find the PC app on the Sonos site. For example, go to Support, then click on "Using the app".
I agree that an additional download link would not be unwelcome, but a short distance below "Using the app" is "Download the Windows controller".

I mean the web page could start by detecting the type of the device for example, and change the order of the items depending on the results.

It already does. Visit the page from an Android device and you get "Download the Android controller" which exposes links to the app stores. Similar on iOS devices. (On ChromeOS it doesn't have a clue and provides a drop-down with links to all of them.)
Yes Ratty is correct, I have just visited the main support site page on my iPad and was presented just with the iOS version of the app to download. (See screenshot).

Admittedly, I read this thread earlier, but was not quite so generous as Ratty to help GB100 as the attitude he displayed was clearly all wrong. At the very least, he was impatient and quite rude to the Staff, who were simply trying to help him.

I do however agree that the Windows Sonos Controller software perhaps ought to be available via the Microsoft Windows App Store. I can’t see a valid reason at the moment, as to why it isn’t available there, unless there is something currently preventing that from happening?

It appears support for that particular device controller is waning a little and possibly it is decreasing in popularity, compared to the now quite popular mobile versions of the controller. I’m basing that though just on the threads I read here in the community.
I do however agree that the Windows Sonos Controller software perhaps ought to be available via the Microsoft Windows App Store. I can’t see a valid reason at the moment, as to why it isn’t available there, unless there is something currently preventing that from happening?
controlav would doubtless have the low-down, but my understanding is that as a Win32/WPF application this would require Sonos to use the MS Desktop Bridge. And it would only target Win10. They cover all bases using the standard installer EXE.
Noted Ratty thanks, but still not a reason perhaps to distribute it to the MS store. After-all Windows 10 was a free upgrade for a good many users, though give me Windows 7 any day.
The Windows store was originally for UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps. Sonos elected not to go down the UWP route, in large part presumably because they could sense the inevitable demise of Windows Phone.
The Windows store was originally for UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps. Sonos elected not to go down the UWP route, in large part presumably because they could sense the inevitable demise of Windows Phone.
Oh yes, I see. Thanks for that info. That makes a little more sense.
The Microsoft Surface lineup is still doing very well, yet the Sonos Desktop Controller is not doing very well with touch screens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The Microsoft Surface lineup is still doing very well, yet the Sonos Desktop Controller is not doing very well with touch screens.
What makes you think that? I have a Surface 3 and the Sonois Desktop controller works fine, even in touch mode. I agree some buttons are a little small but it works fine. A revised App would be nice but please not one based on the Ipod app. I like the easy access to sound settings and other elements that teh Windows app offers.
I'd like to see a touch screen-friendly version with the look and feel of the Desktop Controller. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I'd like to see a touch screen-friendly version with the look and feel of the Desktop Controller. :)
Agree:D
Badge +3
You can download the app here.
Where can I get the correct link to download Sonos for my PC it is a 64bit, running windows 10